Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fudge Puddles!

Christmas this year was wonderful!! I have been able to spend lots of time with my family and it has been so great. I am so blessed. Anyways, I thought I better blog about one of the many fantastic gifts that I received this year. Here is what it looks like:


Beautiful, right? I am now the proud owner of my very own measuring cups and spoons, rubber spatula, and last but not least... A MINI MUFFIN PAN!!!! Now, who is responsible for such a gift? I'll give you a hint :)


Remember these cool cats? This is my brother and his wife Amy. They live in Benson, which is just 10 minutes from my apartment in Logan, and they are my life savers. Seriously, I have no idea what I would do without them. I honestly don't think I would have survived my first year of college without them. I love them so much! And... I'm so excited because they are expecting a little boy in April! YAY! I can't wait to have another nephew! Anyways, I love these guys so much and I love their gift :)

Well, I was so excited about my mini muffin pan that I wanted to put it to use right away! So, I made Fudge Puddles. Isn't that such a fun name? My family and I would include "Fudge Puddles" in almost every sentence yesterday just because it was so fun to say! These were tasty treats, and I must say that they went over pretty well at my aunt Deb's New Year's Day party. I did modify this recipe quite a bit though. The recipe originally has a peanut butter crust, but hardly anyone in my family likes peanut butter so I decided to go with a chocolate chip crust instead! Either way, these are YUMMY. The fudgy filling is to die for. Give these a try! You won't be disappointed. :)





Fudge Puddles
(Recipe from the blog: SUNDAY BAKER)

Peanut Butter Crust:
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt

In a large mixer bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, and both sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla.
Next, in a seperate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to the creamy mixture.

Tollhouse Mini Morsel Cookie Crust:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.

After preparing your desired crust, chill the dough in the fridge for at least one hour (or if you're impatient like me, in the freezer for about 15 minutes). Remove from fridge and form into 1" balls. Grease a mini-muffin pan and add 1 ball to each muffin cup.
Bake in a 325 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until very lightly browned. Remove from oven and make an indentation in the center of each ball.
Let them cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes and then move to a cooling rack. Once all of the cookies are done baking, it's time to make the fudge filling.

Filling:

1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 c. butterscotch chips (if you don't like butterscotch, just use milk chocolate chips)
1-14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 t. vanilla
chopped nuts or sprinkles(optional)

In a microwave safe bowl or saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the nuts/sprinkles. Microwave for 1 minutes. Stir well. If there are still unmelted chips, continue to melt in microwave for 15 second increments until all smooth.

Immediately start filling the cookie cups with the filling. It will start to harden just a bit as you do it, so make sure to give it a good stir once in awhile. Sprinkle with the nuts or just leave plain. Let set for an hour or so.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment