Thursday, January 6, 2011

My First Bundt!!! Thank You Kohl's Cash!


That's right, today I made my very first Bundt Cake, and boy was it good! Let me tell you the story about my newly purchased(sort of) Bundt pan. Last week I spent a couple of days down in Lehi with this crew:



We played, cooked, watched lots of movies, went to the Lehi Legacy Center to get some exercise, and went shopping at Kohl's. My mom had given me her $20 worth of Kohl's cash to use so I was pretty excited to get some new clothes! Unfortunately, the selection of clothes at Kohl's was very disappointing. But really, what can you expect when you go shopping a few days after Christmas ya know? Anyways, I had found a cute shirt for $7 dollars, but I could not find anything else to spend the cash on! I was bound and determined to not let this free money which expired the following day go to waste! My brilliant, beautiful, and VERY patient sister suggested finding a fun kitchen gadget! As said best by Gru from Despicable Me- LIGHTBULB. Immediately, Bundt Pans came to mind as we darted towards the kitchen equipment. After analyzing every Bundt Pan on the shelf, I selected a Farberware one to match my mini muff pan, measuring cups, spoons, and rubber spatula. I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day :) I didn't even feel bad when my mom laughed a little bit when I told her what I chose to buy with the Kohl's Cash. I guess it is kind of funny though... I mean, what teenage girl uses Kohl's Cash to buy a Bundt Pan? This one!

I have been searching for days to find the perfect Bundt to make with my new pan, and I am definitely pleased with the recipe I selected. Chocolate Fudge Bundt Cake! You can find this wonderful recipe at Tasty Kitchen. The cake is so rich, fudgy, and moist! It would be perfect plain, but I chose to drizzle it with homemade hot fudge sauce to add even more chocolatey goodness to it! I can't remember where I found this yummy, hot fudge recipe, so if you recognize it, or it's yours, please tell me! Like I said, the hot fudge isn't totally necessary, but I thought it was the perfect addition. Chocolate lovers unite! This stuff is GOOD.



Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce

2 Tbls. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbls. cornstarch
1 Cup Sugar
1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
2 Tbls. butter
1 Tsp. Vanilla
Dash of Salt

In the bottom of a medium saucepan, combine coca, cornstarch, and sugar.
Pour the can of milk over the top of the dry ingredients. Add the vanilla, pinch of salt, and only 1 Tablespoon of the butter.
Stir the concoction up over medium heat.
After it comes to a boil, cook for 3 more minutes while stirring. The sauce should thicken as it boils.
Remove from heat and add 1 more Tablespoon of butter. Stir butter around until incorporated.
Let sit for about ten minutes before pouring on cake, ice cream, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment