Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cookies and Questions

Don't get me wrong, I love running into old friends. It can happen quite a bit when you move away to school and then come back for the summer, and it's great! Really it is. But, with running into old friends, there comes the obvious "questions". I understand that questions are a necessary part of "catching up", but I prefer to do the questioning instead of having to answer them. Here are some examples of questions that are often asked when running into old friends:

Question #1- What have you been up to?

---- This question, if answered correctly, can eliminate the rest of the questioning if the answerer does well with convincing the questioner that he/she has been super busy, is happy, and is more concerned with what THEY have been up to. However, that often isn't the case, so we move on to question #2.

Question #2-
So you've moved home for the summer then?

---- Obviously if you see me at the local Walmart at 5:30 on a Tuesday evening with a cart full of groceries to feed a family, I've moved home for the summer. Next question.

Question #3- So what are you doing for the summer then?

---- Most of the time, I'm not really sure how to answer this question. And really, who knows what they are going to do all summer? Am I supposed to go through and tell them every little trip, family reunion, and swimming outing that I'm going to have, or what? Like I said before, who knows what they are going to do all summer, really? This question is kind of a discreet way to find out the answer to the next question without bluntly asking.

Question #4-
So do you have a job? Are you going to be working this summer?

---- Well, obviously in a perfect world, everyone would indeed like to have a great job and make some serious cash during the summer. That is most likely the plan for most poor college students during the summer. However, for some, finding a job simply for the summer since you'll be moving away in August can be quite difficult. The questioner should really avoid asking this question because it can often lead the answerer feeling rather discouraged and cause them to hang their head slightly. And with one discouraging question down, it's time to move onto the final question.

Question #5-
So are you dating anyone? Are there any men in your life? How's that part of your life going?

---- Now, let's be serious for just a second. With all the questions asked, this is the one that everyone REALLY cares about. The other questions are just warm up questions to make the questioner seem like they really care about all of the other areas in your life instead of just who you might be dating, and if you are getting married anytime soon. I don't mind answering this question at all because this area of my life is going really well! I usually tell the questioner that I've got a lot of really great men in my life and I'm just enjoying spending time with all of them! Which is very true. Let me introduce you to the wonderful men in my life that I enjoy spending time with....

#1- Baylor






Here's little B. He has the cutest little face and hair I have ever seen! He has such a sweet spirit and is such a little buddy! He makes me so happy every time he comes down to visit his favorite Aunt Sarah :) I love this little guy so much!

#2- Ashton






Here's little Asher Bug! He has the biggest eyes and the cutest little voice and giggle that I've ever heard. He makes me laugh so hard when he comes over because of how silly and excited he gets. He makes me so happy when he smiles at his favorite Aunt Sarah :) I love him so much!

#3- Joshua James





Here's Josh. This Fremont High Graduate, Eagle Scout, and future Aggie makes me so happy! Josh and I have a lot of fun together and can get laughing really hard! He is so kind, funny, and has a dang good voice! Seriously, this guy's got pipes! I love Josh so much.

#4 Jordan




Here's my older brother, Jordan. USU graduate, Agri-Service Employee of the century, dang good daddy, and caring brother all describe this guy right here. Jordan is so much fun to be around! He makes us all laugh so hard and always has a good YouTube Video for us to watch. I love Jordan so much!

#5- Mike



Here's Mike. BEST. BROTHER-IN-LAW. EVER. Mike is such a good guy! He is a great father, awesome husband, and a really fun brother-in-law. Mike works really hard and plays hard too. He is fun to talk to, and I feel like he understands where I'm coming from a lot of the time. I love Mike so much!

#6- My dad



Where do I even begin? My dad is absolutely hilarious, fun, caring, comforting, a great cook, and a selfless, outstanding father. He says and does the funniest things that keep us all laughing. He has a very positive outlook on life and is the strongest man I know (physical, spiritually, mentally, emotionally, etc). I love my dad so much!

Well, there ya have it! Those are the wonderful men in my life. Yes, I understand that my answer to question number 5, if I went into detail, is not exactly what the questioner is looking for, but they don't need to know the details, right? :) All they need to know is that I have lots of great men in my life whom I love spending time with. That's all. :)

I do have a recipe to include in this post today! This recipe makes all of these boys happy (minus the two who can't quite eat this kind of food yet). CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!! Simple, yet so yummy! This is the go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe for my family. We give credit to my sister, Rachel, for this one. Enjoy!



The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies


1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-2 cups chocolate chips- depending on how much you love chocolate :)
1 cup mini marshmallows (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil or coat with non-stick spray.

Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Gradually add flour, salt, and baking soda until combined. Then add the vanilla and the egg. Stir in chocolate chips.

Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment