Saturday, May 7, 2011

ConGRADUATIONs!!

Today, after 5 1/2 years of homework, long classes, mind-changing, tests, projects, and more mind-changing this fine young man graduated from Utah State University!

Meet my older brother Jordan. Jordan is seriously an All Star. He is such a hard worker, a dang good husband, a caring brother, a great dad, and quite possibly the funniest guy around. I am so lucky to have him as a brother. Jordan is such an example to me. He does so much for so many people, and has no idea how much of an influence he has on them. He keeps pretty busy being the Assistant Manager at Agri-Service, a new dad of two weeks, and being the Priest Advisor in his ward. On top of all of this, he was so unbelievably busy with school too! But, no matter how crazy his life was, he always took time to call and check up on his little sis, and it meant so much.


Jordan and I can always get each other laughing so hard by talking about the silliest things. Sometimes we get talking, joking, and laughing so hard that we probably drive Amy crazy... Poor girl. Ha ha She is so great for putting up with us when we are together! Things can get pretty nuts. Anyways, I am so lucky to have such an incredible brother who I can have so much fun with, and who I can talk to about anything. I am so proud of him for working hard, figuring out what he wants to do(after changing his mind several times), and for graduating with honors. I love you Jord! Here are a couple of pictures from the day...


Baylor came to support his daddy! Future Aggie right here :)

Can't get enough pictures of the little cutie, can we? ha ha :)

Grandma and Grandpa Peterson. So proud.

My two good looking brothers. :)

Proud mother and grandma...

Now of course I can't have a post without a recipe to share with you all! Check out the cute cupcakes I made for our little after-graduation party...

Aren't they so cute?! I can't take credit for thinking of this idea all on my own because I saw things like this all over the web. But, I thought it would be fun to try! I baked some chocolate cupcakes (from a box-don't judge-I was tired and it was the easy option) frosted them with this delicious homemade chocolate frosting, and then added these cute little candy graduation caps on top! Here's what you'll need for the caps:

A bag of mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
A bag of Fun Size Hershey's Chocolate Bars
Mini sour straws(Rips), fruit roll-ups cut into strips, or anything else you can think of
Leftover frosting from cupcakes- you'll need it to hold these together

Put the Peanut Butter Cups in the freezer for 30-60 minutes. This helps the chocolate to stay in tact when you unwrap them. Turn the PB cups upside down and put a little bit of frosting on top. Cut the fun size Hershey's bars (4 squares) in half- they should now be in pieces of two squares. Turn the Hershey's pieces upside down and put them on top of the PB cups. Then, use a tooth pick and put a little dot of frosting on top of the caps and stick a small sour straw, or whatever you are using for the tassels, on top.

There you have it! Graduation Caps!

Happy Mothers' Day tomorrow everybody!

1 comment:

  1. And boy were they delish! Thanks for sending some home with us. While I enjoyed the cupcakes, Michael enjoyed the tassles :)

    ReplyDelete