Sunday, June 26, 2011

Welcome Home!!



Last week my dear friend K.C. John came home from his mission in Brazil!! I was so excited to see him! I have missed this crazy fella a ton. He gave his Homecoming talk today and he did an exceptional job. He was an incredible missionary and I know he worked hard and brought many people to the gospel. He is wonderful and I'm so glad to have him back!

Anyways, I decided that I am terrible at updating my blog. Yes, things have been crazy this summer, but that isn't really an excuse to go several weeks without blogging because I am still baking up a storm! Last night I made Oreo Balls/Truffles with a friend of mine. Anyone heard of those? I actually thought they were a very common, well-known treat, but apparently not! We made these last night because my friend had never had one and I was shocked! My fabulous roommate Annie used to make these for us all the time and they wouldn't last long. :) But in an apartment of 6 college girls what can you expect? ha ha

I forgot to take a picture of our Oreo Balls/Truffles last night, but I'll give you the recipe and a site to go to to get a super good picture of them! I'm so sorry, I'll try hard to be much better about blogging about all of the yummy things I make, and taking pictures of them too. Forgive me? No? Well, have an Oreo Ball and maybe you'll change your mind... :)


Oreo Balls/Truffles

1 Package Oreos, crushed
1 block Cream Cheese
1 package Chocolate Chips (white, milk, or semisweet)

Combine crushed Oreos and cream cheese. Form into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate the Oreo Balls until firm- about 30 minutes- If you're impatient like me, stick them in the freezer ;)Dip Oreo Balls in chocolate until they are completely covered, place back on the cookie sheet, and refrigerate until the chocolate is set. Enjoy!

Click HERE for a wonderful Oreo Ball picture. Bakerella will never let us down. :)

1 comment:

  1. How great that you have your friend close again and that he served his mission so well. Have an awesome time catching up!

    I have made those Oreo truffles quite a few times and no one can ever believe they are so easy to make. I've never had leftovers to take home.

    ReplyDelete