Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sarah + 2 Weeks Without Treats=DEATH



Meet my roommate Sarah. She is the one on the left. Sarah is a really hard worker. Sarah graduated from BYU(we have forgiven her) with a Bachelors degree in English, and is now working on her Masters up here at Utah State!

Anyways, a few weeks ago dear Sarah decided that she eats too many treats and was going to go without anything sweet for two weeks. She decided she needed some motivation to do this, so after a lengthy phone call to her mom, the challenge was on, and a new sweater was in order upon completion of this difficult experience. I thought she was crazy!! I mean, I KNOW that I eat way to many treats, but that is something that is a part of me. That is who I am! I truly believe that there is 98% sugar running through the veins in my body and 2% blood. Anyways, on day six of Sarah's challenge we were sitting in the kitchen frosting the cupcakes that I had baked that day. I had definitely eaten my fair share of chocolate frosting, cake batter, and cupcakes, and was feeling really full. I said, "I should go two weeks without treats. I am REALLY bad." My dear roommate Sarah responded with, "Sarah, I love you, but you ARE bad. You have made two different kinds of cupcakes this weekend!"

I thought, SHOOT. She's right. So, I made the decision that I was going to take on the two week challenge as well! I called Josh to tell him my plan, and he laughed for a full minute straight! He said, "that's really funny Sarah." I asked my mom if she would join me and she said, "Sarah are you CRAZY?" Well mom, I totally am, but I am going to prove everyone wrong and do this! We made a deal that if I go two weeks without treats she will buy me the pair of white Keds that I've been wanting. And so the two weeks began!

I'll be honest, I'm a terrible quitter. It's hard to give something up cold turkey! The first week went okay, but the second week was awful. I had dreams of pumpkin fudge, pumpkin pie cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese buttercream frosting, brownies with a dark chocolate ganache, and pumpkin oreo shakes from Charly's. If you can't tell, pumpkin truly is the love of my life right now.

Finally, after 14 long, miserable days, this challenge will end TOMORROW. I am proud to say that I have met the challenge and will receive my white keds this week! But, I will never, ever do that again. I can honestly say, that I have just experienced two weeks of death.

I promise I will post a delicious pumpkin recipe soon!

P.S. Just in case you forgot how cute my nephew is, here's a picture to remind you. I can't wait to spend all next weekend with him!!!



Cute little stinker. The view from the side is too cute!




AND... Remember my beautiful sister Amy?



She has a precious gift from Heaven coming to us in April!! Can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment