Friday, September 17, 2010

Would anybody care for a breakfast puff?





So I promised a tasty muffin recipe a long time ago, and here it is. These are absolutely delicious! My dear friend Gentrie described them as a snickerdoodle in muffin form, so if you love snickerdoodles you will love these! But, to be honest with you, I'm not a HUGE fan of snickerdoodles and I love these, so any anti-snickerdoodles out there should give these a try. Please? I promise you won't be disappointed! Mama Kite used to bake these for us all the time growing up, and mama Kite doesn't bake anything that isn't to die for, so trust me on this one. We got this recipe years ago from Rachel's friend, Jenny VanDenBerghe.


Breakfast Puffs


1/3 C Shortening
1/2 C Sugar
1 Egg
1 1/2 C Flour
1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 C Milk

6 T. Butter
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 C Sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Cream shortening. Add sugar gradually, then egg. Sift flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg together and then add to shortening, sugar, egg mixture. Add milk slowly. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Melt 6 T of butter in a bowl. Combine 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar in another bowl. After muffins are finished baking, dip them first in the melted butter and then roll them in the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Makes 12.

I know it has been ages since my last post, but I promise I am still alive and doing well! I love, love, love my roomies, school, and being an Aggie! I have truly missed Logan.

No comments:

Post a Comment