Friday, July 9, 2010

There was an old lady who lived in a shoe...



Everybody has heard that nursery rhyme right? Well it just so happens that the little old lady's shoe house is in Bear Lake! It's located right next to the Three Bears' Cottage (the one that goldilocks broke into), which is where I stayed with my family last week! It was so much fun to reunite with my cousins that I never see, play on the beach, and just relax in "bearadise"! -holla to my BFC :)









Right after we got home from Bear Lake, my family took off for a fun camping trip! It was so fun to spend a weekend in the wilderness with my immediate family. We read, slept, played one too many games of BS (sorry you never won Jord), ate like champions, and simply enjoyed each other's company.

Mike, Rach, and baby Ashton came too! Bless her heart, camping while pregnant would be tough! Lucky for her though, the bathrooms weren't too bad, and minus a few runs to the bathroom in the middle of the night, she quite enjoyed herself!



Thanks to Jordan, Amy, their Camp Chef, and Dutch Ovens, we ate more food than one could imagine! We were all so full ALL the time! Don't worry, we had plenty of room for Smores around the campfire while we played a good game of "Truth or Truth" :)



Thunder came along as well! When he wasn't being so overly protective of us (barking at anything and everything) he had a great time too! We took him down to a little pond and threw sticks into it for him to fetch for us. Josh was so proud!





Let's be honest, since Josh and I are the only non-married and non-boring ones left in the family, we were the ones who kept the party going! just kidding... kinda ;)



Now, I must say, there is something that baffles me. Everybody kept teasing me about my sunglasses. You see there is nothing to laugh about with these high quality, red, square, shade out drugs sunglasses I got a few years ago during red ribbon week... am I right? They are stylish, and come with a great message-agreed? Hmmm... That's what I thought. :)





Now, of course I have a tasty recipe to share that goes along with the spirit of camping! Trust me folks, these are GOOD. They are sort of like an indoor S'more in bar form. All you need are your basic smore ingredients and a few other baking necessities and BAM! You have yourself a S'more Sandwich Bar Cookie! In the middle of making this recipe, I realized that we were out of flour. Rats, and I didn't feel like jumping in the car and driving to Grandma Margie's to borrow some flour so I just replaced what I didn't have with oats! And, hey! It worked out beautifully! I give this recipe a two thumbs up, so try it!



S'mores Sandwich Bar Cookies
(Recipe from Hershey's website)

Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1-1/3 cups (8-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S Mini Milk Chocolate Bars OR 5 HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Bars (1.55 oz. each)
• 3 cups miniature marshmallows
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.

2. Beat butter and sugar until well blended in large bowl. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Press half of dough in prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes.

3. Sprinkle mini chocolate bars over baked layer or arrange unwrapped chocolate bars over baked layer, breaking as needed to fit. Sprinkle with marshmallows; scatter bits of remaining dough over marshmallows, forming top layer. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or just until lightly browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. 16 bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment