Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ladies and Gentleman... Joshua James Kite!


Allow me to introduce you to my younger brother Josh. Notice that I said "younger" instead of "little". Josh is a 6 foot 1 & 1/2 inch going-to-be senior at Fremont High School. Josh is on Fremont's football team, and is about as dark as you can get without being a different ethnicity! Seriously, somebody at EFY asked if he was Samoan. ha ha ha nobody has ever questioned if I was anything other than caucasion. Anyways, Josh is a hard working, farm boy who loves anything and everything to do with sports! Tall, dark, and handsome is the perfect phrase to describe him! Josh and I always have a lot of fun together. Even if I'm super grumpy, Josh can always end up making me laugh by just giving me his big, cheesy grin, or whipping out some of his silly dancing moves. I would argue that I have the best little, excuse me, YOUNGER, brother ever! Here are some pictures of some of the things we've done together this summer...

Eating pizza while tending my sweet cousin, Emma.




Meet my cute cousin, Emma!



Josh and I went and saw "Despicable Me"! Funniest. Movie. Ever. There were only five other people in the theater besides us though... I was surprised!



After the movie we were positive that we were going to die of thirst, so we had to stop off at McDonalds (thanks to their 24 hour drive thru) and get some water!



Cool shades, eh??!!



One morning Josh and I couldn't decide which cereal to eat, so we mixed them all together! Don't judge, it was actually pretty darn good!



Can you guess which bowl is mine, and which one is Josh's? ha ha



Yum!



The recipe this time is in honor of Josh. You see, Josh is a good sport about eating all of the funky treats I bake, but truthfully he'd rather just eat a good ol' chocolate chip cookie. So, if I can bake something that is basically a chocolate chip cookie in some form, he is THRILLED. So, I baked Chocolate Chip Cookie Topped Brwonies just for him. They were dang good though, so I ended up eating some as well. These brownies are SO simple to make too! All you need is your favorite brownie recipe and your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, and you're set! They were so moist and chewy and DELIGHTFUL! So, enjoy a tasty treat, compliments of Josh!




Chocolate Chip Cookie-Topped Brownies

From Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan, where they are called “Chipster-Topped Brownies.”

Ingredients

Your favorite brownie recipe
Your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment. (I used cooking spray)

Whip up your favorite brownie recipe, as well as your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Spread the prepared brownie batter into your 9x13 inch pan. Drop the cookie dough by spoonfuls onto the brownie batter, then use a spatula to gently smooth out the cookie dough layer evenly over the batter.

The recipe says to bake it for 50-55 minutes, but I only baked mine for 25-30 minutes and it was done! Bake until the cookie top is deep golden brown and a sharp knife inserted into the pan comes out with only faint streaks of moist chocolate.

Makes 24 bars.

Thanks Josh, for fun times and a tasty treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment