Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cookies, and Cool Whip, and Pie, OH MY!



Hello everybody! Boy, do I have a scrumptious recipe for you today! Cookie Dough Pie! Now, I don't make pie very often so take advantage of this pie post! It's not that I don't like pie, because I LOVE pie, it's just that it isn't very fun for me to make. It's probably because I haven't mastered the task of making a pie crust like my mother... seriously, the woman makes a PERFECT crust! I get frustrated trying to roll out the dough and make it fit perfectly in the pie dish, and I can never make my edges look pretty. I get flustered and then give up and call for mother's help. So you see, I generally avoid making pies, with the exception of an occasional pecan pie for my father of which my mother and I tag team it and she makes the crust and I make the filling. :)

But, when I saw THIS pie, I new I HAD to make it! And lucky for me, It doesn't include the traditional pie crust! This pie is perfect for a hot summer day as it is simple to whip up, and doesn't include turning the oven on. The only trouble I ran into was that I ran out of cool whip. Maybe I was putting on more than I was supposed to, but I would recommend buying a bigger container than just an 8 ounce so that you can apply the whip cream generously. (Luckily I had another container in the fridge) Other than that, putting the pie together was smooth, and the result was SO GOOD. It is pretty rich though, so my advice is to start with a small piece first. Trust me, one bite will send you into a sugar coma for sure.

Also, I can't remember where I found this recipe. I have found other recipes online for this pie (Big Red Kitchen, Tasty Kitchen), but they are different recipes because they call for an extra ingredient, milk, that they say to quickly dip your cookies in before layering them in your pie. I think the next time I make this I will do that because I was wishing that my cookies were softer. You decide which you want to do, but it was so tasty how I made it. Enjoy!



Mmmmm look at those layers of cookie/cool whippey goodness!



Cookie Dough Pie

1 pkg. Regular Chips Ahoy Cookies (or Oreos, Nutter Butters, etc.)
1 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip
1-2 cups milk (optional)
Chocolate Syrup for drizzling

Put one layer of cookies (breaking to fit if necessary) in the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch pie pan. Dip cookies into milk quickly before layering, if desired. Spread 1/3 of the cool whip over cookies. Repeat this two more times. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Freeze for 1-2 hours. Slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment